Re: Fuel leak in Newly built PI. [ help ]

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel leak in Newly built PI. [ help ]
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:29:12 +0100
Hi Glen
The saloon fuel tank has to have a non vented cap as the fuel will run out
and down the side of the car when turning right. The venting arrangement is
from the top right of the tank and out through the bottom of the car behind
the right rear wheel, I can't find any info on the evaporative control
system for the PI for Australia, though there is info in the parts book for
carburatted cars! The fuel flow back to the tank is quite high at idle, but
reduces with load and speed. The flow at idle with a low fuel tank will
sound like peeing in to water! I hope that helps you assess how much fuel is
returning to the tank.
I assume as you fitted all this kit yourself that you have the return pipe
going to the union in the middle of the top of the tank.
Have you got the works Spare parts catalogues, if not I will scan and send
you the relevant pages for the fuel tank for all cars and regions.

Graham.
Ps if you need clarification on the breather I can do a digipic of a tank
and where the breather leaves the car.