freeze (core) plug question #2

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: freeze (core) plug question #2
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@ivwnet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:25:07 -0500
Ok - how are you supposed to keep those silly flat plate type (not cup type)
freeze plugs to stay in a early spitfire MK1 or MK2 engine head??  I'm
supposed to be in a parade Saturday and want to drive 5 hours to mid-ohio
but now this is the second time this same stupid freeze plug has blown out.
I'm afraid to dive it around the block.  Normal temperature, Normal
Pressure.  The plug is marked 1-47/64  (do I have the wrong size, it did go
in REAL easy)

I'm about to pull the head (again) and try driving a 1-3/4 cup type in
there...  And letting the flanges stick out.

I'm pulling my hair out (or what's left of it).  I'm willing to take off
work tomorrow and mess with it if any of you have an idea for me.......

Bill
66 Spit