RE: Was Service Counter Standard on TR6 x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Was Service Counter Standard on TR6 x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:17:33 -0700
> So, what are these service counters and do I need/want one?

The service counter was required by US emissions rules, it's supposed to
make some sort of indication (light on the dash ?) when an 'emissions
service' is required.  Other than 'correctness', I don't see any reason to
have it.  It's probably illegal to tamper with it, but who's to know ?  And
if you didn't do the tampering (or get caught at it), the worst they could
do is require it to be replaced.

Randall