Re: Car Shows & Jugding - Counter Rant

To: TR250Driver@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car Shows & Jugding - Counter Rant
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 12:17:57 -0600
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
5/10/2002 8:10:54 PM, TR250Driver@aol.com wrote:
>Sorry but I have to voice my opinion about Trailers. DON'T CALL MY CAR A
>TRAILER QUEEN!  Yes, I have a trailer....

Good point. I think "garage queen" is a better -- if equally insensitive -- name
for the phenomemon. Though I have been driving my TR4 as a daily driver
for the last two years, about 16K miles, I was thinking about buying a trailer
for our family trip to the Mid Ohio Triumph thing (which coincides with my
wife's college reunion at Miami of Ohio). Can't really take her and the two
boys in the TR4, can in the Land Rover. Cheaper than paying double for
gas IMO, and beats leaving the TR4 at home. But in the end a job change
(I left mine, she started a new one) means we'll stay home this summer.

But trailering the car would make future vacations -- like the Triumph wine
country tour and drive up the coast -- a lot more do-able. Pam's not as
enthusiastic about the drive *to* California as she is about the drive *in*
California, Portland, and Washington. So thanks for speaking up for
trailers... and judging too. I'm nearly a convert.

Steven Newell
Denver, CO USA