re: camera NON LBC

To: vafred@erols.com, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: camera NON LBC
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:14:01 -0600
Fred,
I picked up a Canon S100 Digital Elph about 18 months ago it has since
been updated to the S110. For car show shots and general use the camera
works great it is a 2.1 mega pixel camera and for prints up to 8x10 you
would be very hard pressed to tell it from a 35mm. The down side of it
is for action photography there is a significant delay between shots as
the camera processes and stores each shot as matter of fact I think I
could shoot faster pictures with my old Mamiya RB67 studio camera. The
best recommendation I have for you is get on the net and read what the
flavor of the month is because that's how fast digital camera technology
is changing mine was from the first shipment of S100's when I bought it
and within 10 months it was replaced with a newer model they go obsolete
faster than computers.
I've attached a shot I took with my S100 of my Fiat motor before it went
back in so you can have an idea of image quality at 2.1m pixels.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet

>Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:09:57 -0400
>From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
>Subject: camera NON LBC
>
>I'm looking to purchase a digital camera and would like some advice as to
>which to get, I only use it at shows and will be getting a scanner for the
>P/C, so I do not think I am in need of a high end, but I would like something
>above the $1.49 price range, remember I have the expense of maintaing a LBC.
>Thanks for your help  "FT"

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
104-0441_IMG.JPG]