Re: Change is sad (Long Counter Rant. . please don't read)

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, ryoung@navcomtech.com
Subject: Re: Change is sad (Long Counter Rant. . please don't read)
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:12:20 +1000 FILETIME=[E751CC80:01C1E9B3]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>In a message dated 4/21/2002 6:21:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jonmac@ndirect.co.uk writes:
>
>With due respect to Bill, I'd be interested to see the source material
>he used to come to this conclusion. AFAIK, alternators on 4A's were
>never offered as a line fit option. They may have been available thru
>dealers but not as OE. The period approximately from 1967 to 1969 saw
>the whole product range change from dynamos to alternators - with the
>possible exception of the Herald 1200. Bill?

FWIW my 1969 2000 saloon is generator equipped, I don't think that the
saloon line changed to alternators until the MkIIs were released (in October
1969), at least for the Australian market.  I don't know exactly when my car
was made but I suspect it is an early to mid 69' car.

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4
69' 2000