Re: cowal vent & leaks 76 tr6

To: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cowal vent & leaks 76 tr6
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:35:27 -0400
Alan,
See plate FB, pages 352/353, Vol 2 of TRF catalog.  At the outside corners, the
low points of the trough, of the "Plenum Panel", FB4, are 1" long metal tubes,
on to which a drain tube, FB5, attaches.  What is likely happening is one or
both (one each side) of these tubes  has rusted through.

Mine were shot; epoxyed short pieces of alu. tube over what was left of the
originals, after I removed the accumulation of leaves that had gathered into a
lump of decaying matter at each drain (used a 3' length of garden hose, placed
into the end of the shop-vac hose stuffed with a rag, reached  in via the
scuttle), removed as much rust as possible, treated with Ospho inside and out.
Then I plugged the drain and poured in about a pint of rustoleum, rocked the
body, then let it drain out back into the can.

I have since cut a piece of black screen to fit the underside of the scuttle
and glued it to the bottom of the scuttle with clear silicone - no more leaves
in there for me !

Hope this helps,
Stan