RE: sun top (was Wind deflector)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: sun top (was Wind deflector)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:26:47 -0700
> At Triumphfest last year, there was a TR3A that the owners had
> fabricated a, for want of better words, a "sun top".
> They used some mesh fabric normally used to screen garden stuff, put
> on a few fasteners, stretched it over the top bows and "Voila" a
> SunTop. It was straight from the sides of the windshield back to the
> cockpit, allowed air to flow through and very effectively blocked the
> sun.

Along the same lines but not nearly so elegant, I used an old top (Thanks
Mark !) with the windows cut out as a sun top in the desert on the way to
VTR last year in the TR3A.  It does cut down on the wind just a bit, mostly
the part that hits me in the back of the head.  But my main goal was to
reduce cockpit temperatures a bit, and keep the sun off of me, which it did
very well.

Randall