Forwarded: TR4 Body Height

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: TR4 Body Height
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:23:15 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason this was sent to me rather than triumphs@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:33:24 -0400
     From: lbc61tr4@aol.com
     Subject: TR4 Body Height

I need help, not the kind you can get from therapy though.  Usually a
drive with the top down brings me back to sanity.  So, what I really
need is to know what the approximate correct height from ground to lip
of front fender, if measuring straight up past the center of the hub.
I've got very little clearance between the tire and the fender.  I
have to be careful over bumps, since the tire will rub on the
underside of the fender.  I've replaced the springs, with the thought
that the old springs were out of spec.  Actually, when I removed the
springs, they measured about 1/2" short.  The springs I removed also
used the aluminum spacers, while the replacement springs from Moss
were the longer springs and didn't need them.  Now, all I need is for
everyone to go outside with a tape measure and check the height for
me.  Mine measures 25 1/4", so if that's what you have, then you
probably have a problem also.  Maybe I should put the spacers in with
the long springs?  I think the previous owner made changes to the
suspension to lower.

Thanks,
Paul Brandsema
61 TR4