and now on to the carbs

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: and now on to the carbs
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:38:23 -0600
well thanks to all you guys who have been helping me wring out my 72 gt6.
i am making progress.  the starter is fixed well.  the car starts when hot.
the timing seems just right.
a couple of you guys suggested some things to try on the carbs since it is
still does not start easy.
there are no vacuum leaks, the gaskets are on correctly, the rubber gasket
under the tops of carbs are new - no tears and they are on correctly (little
notches).
what i noticed was, if i watch the slides in the carbs and accelerate the
throttle, the rear slide goes up quickly pretty much all the way and returns
quickly.  the front carb slide only goes up about a third of the way, but it
does return quickly.  i've taken the carbs apart and cleaned them already.
does this mean something is bent ?  worn ?  what are the performance
characteristics i should be seeing with this behavior ?
thanks,  larry lstein6@earthlink.net