RE: TR3 Trans Hump

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@starband.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Trans Hump
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 19:09:27 -0700
Bill :

Don't know what was in there originally, but I use silicone-based caulking
compound from Home Depot.  Believe I hunted down a tube that said
adhesive/caulk, outdoor, paintable.  Not being too concerned about the
color, I got white.

Without it, I find that the factory anti-rust system gets the carpets oily.
Of course, mine get oily anyway from the numerous "drain holes" <g>

Randall