RE White gunk in oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE White gunk in oil
From: "Frank & Sandy Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:06:53 +0000 FILETIME=[7B7CA7A0:01C1DB53]
I had an old VW once that had a broken reverse, so drove it very little
(work was 2 miles away.)  I started getting white sludge around the filler
cap just from lack of use of the car.  Wound up changing oil about every 500
miles until I overhauled the old split case tranny.  A car that never goes
far enough to get the oil good and hot will hold only so much condensation
before it starts to look brown around the edges.  If this car has not been
driven very far in a long time, that is probably the answer.

Frank
   '59 TR3A (TS55223L)
   '54 Swallow Doretti (#20 of 256 made)