Re: AC Fuel pump rebuild procedure

To: Popnglo@aol.com
Subject: Re: AC Fuel pump rebuild procedure
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 06:54:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ed:

I just rebuilt my fuel pump on the '59 TR3.  Unless you are replacing
the lever arm cross shaft and bushings, it is a pretty straight
forward process.  Clean and glass bead both halfs of the pump (it will
look new again), make sure the fuel passages are clean (blow out with
compressed air), install the new valves that fit under the holding
plate (be sure you put them in the correct orientation which the
manual does a good job explaining) and install the new diaphragm with
oil seal.  This last step is probably the trickiest of all.  Be patient
and follow the manual (when you disassemble the old diaphragm, draw a
diagram of the position of the tab before removing and the position
it is in after turning the diaphragm clockwise to disengage the
base of the shaft from the lever).  Be sure the holes in the
diaphragm line up with the correct holes that are threaded since
if you line them up with the wrong holes, you can actually tap the
threads screwing in the screws if enough force is used (don't ask).

Any questions, let me know.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6