RE: Electrical worry

To: "'ian.viles'" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>, triumphs list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electrical worry
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:33:39 -0500
Where to look in a TR6 for electrical problems. Hooo boy! Where not to look
would be a shorter list. I'll let all the others with more specific knowled
like Dan Massey tell you the specifics, but all I can say is follow one
guiding rule:

"If one wire is joined to another wire or component, then the point of
juncture will present a problem"

Every flaming connector or connection on the car is to be suspected as being
faulty. In fact save time, don't suspect, be certain; they are all faulty.
Here the question is not whether, but how much. My approach has been to
avoid diagnosis, but to proceed directly to a cure. I worked from one end of
the car to the other sanding cleaning and tightening all connections. At the
end all worked better. Here no evil, see no evil, ask no questions. It's
better that way. May the Lucas be with you.

Mark