TR3 Thermostat Housing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Thermostat Housing
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@starband.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:54:30 -0800
     I bought a thermostat housing on Ebay. I went to change out the
thermostat housing today and discovered that the new housing was different
from the old one (which is all corroded away and frozen up). The new one
differs in the following ways: Where the hold down bolts go in is about 3/8
inch shorter than the other. Where the temperature sending unit goes in is
at an angle where the other is straight.
     It seems to fit okay. Which one is right? Is the other from a TR4 or
TR6 or something?
     TIA

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA