TR6 front tie rods

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 front tie rods
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:42:58 -0500
Hi again,

The front suspension is entirely back on the frame of CF28217UO as of
last night.  Now that the steering rack is on, I don't see an obvious
place to grab onto the inner tie rods to rotate them to adjust the toe
in on the front wheels.

Other than the 'use vice grips' option which will destroy my new paint,
how does one turn the inner tie rods?

Or do you disconnect the tie rod end from the steering link, turn it a
few times and reinstall it to the link?  This seems kind of hit and miss
to me and will most likely cut the tie rod end boots.....

Rob
Ottawa, ON
74.5 TR6  CF28217UO  (rolling chassis tomorrow after installing rear
brake components!!!)