Subject: to Matt M. re: engine mods

To: tri <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: to Matt M. re: engine mods
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:15:08 -0800
I spent a lot of time rebuilding my top end last year -- can, head,
exhaust, webbers.  Got about 500 miles on it before it spun a rod
bearing.  If you are going to do a rebuild I recommend doing the whole
thin right from the start.  That means check the crank, change main and
rod bearings [and get ARP bolts to put the main and rods back], bore and
repiston if necessary, Balance the whole thing [you can get a lot of
meat cut out of the flywheel], get an electric fan.  With the bottom end
strong, go for getting the power out of the top end.

Enjoy.

Oh, and don't forget a total front and rear suspension rebuild for the
next couple thousand!

Chuck