Re: winterizing hints

To: IkeLevine@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: winterizing hints
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:15:02 -0500
Hi Ike,

I'm in Maine too (Westbrook to be exact).

What I do to put Freddy away for the winter, is well, not much. I put the
top up, fill the gas tank up and give it a squirt of that gasoline
preservative stuff, and change the oil. I will admit though, I try to drive
the car at least once a month on a day when the roads are clean and dry.
I'll warn you though, Triumph heaters are not really up to Maine winter
temperatures. This has worked for me for the past 5 winters that I have had
the car. I do the same with my 79 Peugeot 504. I have soft, breathable car
covers for both cars, just to protect against bumps and scratchs in my garage.

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spit