TR3 Inside Engine Painting

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Inside Engine Painting
From: "Brewer, Bill" <bbrewer@LEHIGHCEMENT.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:03:44 -0500
     I frequently have to come to Vancouver, BC for work (I am there now)
and recently discovered a "Redi-Strip" place across the street where they
dip parts and they come out shiney. I have my second TR3's engine on a stand
and it is full of scale and exterior rust. I am going to have it dipped up
here next time I visit.
     My question is: Does anyone paint the inside of the engine block where
the wet liners go, to prevent scale build-up in the future? I was going to
paint the inside bottom half of the engine with "Glyptol" that I bought from
Eastwood. Perhaps using a modern antifreeze and distilled water will be
enough to prevent the water jackets of the block from rusting. Has anyone
tried Glyptol or POR 15 inside the block? Perhaps it would impede heat
transfer.
     Any caveats about dipping blocks?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA