Re: Re TR4

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re TR4
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 23:37:27 EST
In a message dated 11/7/2001 11:17:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CarlSereda@aol.com writes:

> I was told 'L' meant 'leather seats' - not 'left-hand drive' - at first I
> dismissed this as not true because my 10 year old TR4 had 'vinyl' seats
> when
> I bought it - but sure enough on the BMHT Certificate I sent for it states
> my
> car was originally shipped with leather seats..

According to my various factory manuals, "The main trim material is
identified by prefixing the colour code number with a letter, e.g.:

Leathercloth - No prefix letter
Leather - Prefix letter H.
Cloth - Prefix letter C."

But the letter "L" as a suffix letter in the Commission number does indeed
indicate Left Hand Drive.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>