Re: TR-6 Starter Solenoid

To: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Starter Solenoid
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:26:10 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Power British Performance Parts, Inc."
>Nope, definitely not interchangeable.

One attaches by short bolts through ears on the end of the solenoid, the
other
has studs that are inboard of the solenoid body that pass through the alum.
front
part of the starter body.  No way to interchange without also changing the
front
casting of the starter motor.  ISTR the changeover occurred around '71.
<

So, I guess the question is which one is interchangable with the MG unit
(if any)?  My guess is that they harmonized these things in the later years
so the later units are interchangable.

Cheers

Dave