alternator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: alternator
From: "john taylor" <jat1127@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 14:57:36 -0500 FILETIME=[C8DE2B00:01C164A1]
Hello Listers,

The red ING light is on in my TR-8 and thought I plan to convert to a GM
unitI thought that I might fix this one as a spare.

So the dash lite is on low when the motor is at idle and gets brighter as
motor speed go up. It flashes in an even pulse at around 3000rpm.
I have set a volt meter at th ebattery and it shows 13v and go to high 14v
and just hitting 15v and switching. So the alernator seems to be working and
so does the regulator as you can watch it switch on the meter.

Sooooo why is the red light on ? ?

Cheers
John
  ********   ALWAYS BE SAFE   ********