TR3A frame and bumper mounts up for grabs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A frame and bumper mounts up for grabs
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:54:26 -0500
Hi all --

On my way home from VTR, I detoured through Wichita KS and picked up
a rolling TR3A chassis.

It was quite a bargain, though the drive through eastern Colorado and
western Kansas was painfully boring!

I stripped all the stuff off the frame today, and would like to offer
the frame up to anyone who can come and get it soon.  It's a
split-steering-column frame.  It's not in the best of shape, what
with some rust in the X-frame pieces, and it appears that it got a
good whack on the driver's side at one point, as the driver's side
looks to be the better part of an inch behind the passenger side.
The frame side rails look solid, though, and this would serve as a
starting point for someone suffering with a rotten frame.  Plus, the
price is right - free - if you can come and get it in Des Moines,
Iowa, soon.

I also have a set of TR3A front bumper frame extensions that are a
bit the worse for wear.  I think they could be made serviceable with
some work.  I don't know how difficult these are to find, so I didn't
want to just throw them out without offering them to the list.  Free,
if you pay shipping from Des Moines, Iowa, or if you come and get
them.

Dan Buettner

'57 TR3 awaiting attention from its owner.