Re: My TR4 telling me something ?

To: "Michael Hart" <harty47@yahoo.com>, "Triumph Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My TR4 telling me something ?
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:14:00 -0400
Subject: My TR4 telling me something ?

> Hi All, Saturday night I let my son drive the TR4, he's a good driver and
respects the car, although he does drive hard. Anyway, Sunday I'm missing the
cap nut on the rear carb float bowl. Luckily I knew where a set of H6's were
just lying around, so got that problem under control. Today ( Monday ), I took
the 4 to my mechanic to lube everything because he has a lift. Picked up
tonight, and after a quick stop, the starter went out. Have one coming in
Wednesday morning, I hope, so that I can still make it to Breckenridge that day.
I think " shes " (not meant to be anti feminist), trying to tell me not to have
anyone else touch her. What's the general opinion ?

> Thanks, Mike
>
> 63 TR4 Surrey Top

Hi Mike,

I had the same experience with my two kids driving the TRs.  I limited their
access during the teenage years.  Later, my daughter drove a '73 TR6 in college.
It was one that I had completely restored, than used as a daily driver for
several years and over 50K miles. At the time I though the cars had many more
failures when they drove them.  Looking back, that's probably not the case.
They are both past 30 now and take a spin from time to time and my concern level
is somewhat lowered (but still not eliminated).

Fortunately my wife doesn't drive them.  Don't think my blood pressure could
take that.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (repairing damage from fender bender)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)