A VTR gathering

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A VTR gathering
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:10:57 -0600
Dave gave you all a report on the gathering at my house yesterday but I'd just
like to add a bit to it...especially how great it was to have ten Triumphs in
my drive way.   And I didn't even have to explain them away to the wife.   We
had a great ole time and I have to say Triumph people are the most fun and
down to earth folks around.  It was a joy to have everyone here.

Ken and Sue Dahman showed up with their TR3A and then Dave and Linda  Massey
(TR8)  and Fred Thomas (TR3A) and Dan Masters (TR6) shortly thereafter.  John
Lumia (TR6), Steve Newell (TR4), Tom Di Iulio (TR6-it MOVES), and finally Brad
Kahler and Susan Hensley (driving Brad's Spitfire) and their newest addition
(on the trailer) they bought that afternoon here in Colorado.  I've been swore
to secrecy but it does have a Herald engine...although it's not a Herald and
only 3700 of them were made.  It's something to see.  Brad and Susan are going
to "unveil" it in Breckenridge on Saturday so it's in hiding for a few days
sitting in my driveway.   Maybe Dave Massey will reveal it in one of his
travel reports after Saturday or I will when I get back to Denver on Sunday.

It was great having all these icons of the list sitting around my back deck
swapping stories and telling road tales.  I think Fred will be on the comedy
circuit soon as he knows more jokes than Irv Korey if that's possible.

The weather has cooperated up to now and Colorado's August monsoon seems to
have taken the week off, but the convention is in the mountains so a little
test of TR weather proofing will no doubt happen with the little PM
rainshowers that are fairly regular up there.

More later.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
And for a day
2-59 TR3As
1-80 TR8