Re: Tree sap removal

To: douglasehamilton@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tree sap removal
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:49:16 +1000 FILETIME=[9BA81BA0:01C1277F]
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:09:19 -0600 Doug Hamilton wrote:

>While the car was sitting outside waiting for the AutoTrader's
> >photographer to show up it got covered in tree sap and buds from a
> >Poplar tree. What is the best way to remove the sap it was left on the
> >car for a few weeks in a hot garage and doesn't just wash off.

I had a similar problem on my modern car about a year ago. I asked at the
auto parts shop and they suggested just rubbing in polish. I found that the
sap was just too hard for the polish to make any impact so I used a light
chemical paint cleaner- 'Meguiars Paint Cleaner' (part of their Deep Crystal
range). It worked well :) Maybe you can get away with just using polish...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4