Checking Speedometer Accuracy - Another Way!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Checking Speedometer Accuracy - Another Way!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:51:06 EDT
Listee's,

During an afternoon drive with the Spit yesterday, I passed (in the opposite
direction) one of those large electronic display boxes along the side of the
road that the police set up to tell you (the motorist) how fast you're
traveling.  I guess the boxes also can be used to record your speed for
citations but this one didn't look very sophisticated and was located miles
from anyone or any houses.

So I turned around and went back towards the box at the posted speed of 45
mph and what-do-you-know, the big box flashed 45 mph!!!  So, I guess the old
Spit's speedometer is accurate to 45mph anyway.....I was tempted to give the
"box" a real test but didn't want to push my luck!

cheers,

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (complete rolling chassis finished - busy painting various
interior parts, assembling the engine and still doing body prep - check out
my progress by visiting http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the summer)