Re: A TR6 evening drive

To: Chip19474@aol.com, blueturtles@yahoo.com, vtr@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphcars@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A TR6 evening drive
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:41:48 EDT
Got to jump in here , having just got in from the TRF summer party. Talked to
Uncle Dave and he suggested we (my better half makes old timey quilts) try an
area north of Indiana Pa. where we had spent the weekend, for Amish quilt
patterns & materials.
Well I'm pulling Rosebud (TR3A) on a trailer behind  Maybellene (our 1975 GMC
mtr. home) and Ole Dave says "run up State route 954 'till you get to
Smicksburg Pa., a great little Amish town- it's just a short way and full of
old time quilting stores, farms, etc."
Now if you crave a great little, winding mountain road  to try out your TR
this is the place. If, on the other hand ,you are driving a 26 ft. Motor home
and pulling a 17 ft. trailer you are looking at abouty 3 hours of damned hard
work. The quilts? Oh yeah they closed that operation about a year ago!
There are bridges on this road that require a 1 Ton P/U to go "very slow." It
is the first time I have been able to study the L/R taillight on my TR from
the rear view mirror of the Mtr. home while negotiating a left hand curve, I
could almost read the license plate #! Dave how the heck did you get the idea
this was a good road to Smicksburg? I don't have to tell you we returned on
Rte.119 in about 1 hour!
Thanks Dave!
All kidding aside a beautiful ride thru a rarely seen Amish area!
Regards
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar