Girling 16P caliper seals

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Girling 16P caliper seals
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:33:44 -0400
Can anyone advise the size of the seals between the two halves of the
calipers? These are for a > 60K 3a. I believe they are of a square
cross-section, and I hope to find something somewhere like Home Depot or
Canadian Tire if possible, so all I need is the dimensions, and material to
avoid I guess. I intend to use DOT 5.
BTW it's a good thing that I split them, as the seals had deteriorated to
muck and I can't see how they could have been safe.
Thanks,
Jim
PS This message is not intended to start the old debate about whether to
split calipers or not.