TR3 wiper wheelbox fitting question - need help

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 wiper wheelbox fitting question - need help
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:05:08 -0700
I drove out to the TRF Summer Party  yesterday from NJ and negotiated a few
really heavy thunderstorms along the way. The wipers worked only between the
11:00 and 2:00 positions and wouldn't park at all.  (I was glad to have
smoothered the windscreen with RainX.)  Question I have is that the wheelbox
on the driver side (left) has always tended to be a bit loose as far as fit
goes, it never really sat firm on the body, the passenger side is firm and
doesn't move. When I held it tight the wipers work fine. I tighten down the
chrome bezel nut and that really didn't help. I didn't notices any fittings
or connections that I was missing from underneath. How is this secured, or
does it just "float." TIA

Dave Willner
TS6510lL (Apple Green)