15 year stopped GT6 part... 6 or something

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 15 year stopped GT6 part... 6 or something
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:26:56 -0400
    Ok boys (and girls):

        I'm back from holiday and ready to get back to work.  I received the
parts I sent out to get rebuilt the day before I left, so it was a bitter
sweet vacation.
        My first question is for the brake MC.  Do you fill both reservoirs,
or just the front one?  I didn't get into the internals of my MC yet, so I'm
unsure whether or not the rear reservoir is for vaccuum accumulation or if I'm
just an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.
        My second question is about the brake bleeding and possibley the
clutch to, if I did it wrong.  When bleeding a particular wheel, is it
important to keep pressure up while tightening down the valve?  I did it by
myself the first time and just pumped the brakes until there wasn't anymore
air in the hose.  Then I got out of the car and tightened down the valve
without anyone holding the pedal.
        My third question is about the clutch plates being fused together.  Is
there anyway to separate them without opening up the Tranny?  I've got the
floor off and can see the slave accuating, but it still isn't enough to
dissengage the clutch.  I would really like to separate them before I try my
last chance option of dropping the running car and hoping it separates before
I hit something.

       Rave Racer
 '89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX
         http://www.vwot.org/members/Pete.html
 '87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan
         http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
 '72 Triumph GT6
          http://
 '83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)     Possible future Sandrail donor...  Maybe

---