Re: TR3 Rear Cappings/Panels

To: Bill Brewer <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Cappings/Panels
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:45:41 -0700
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill,

I seem to remember that the panel that covers the fuel tank on my '58
TR3 was held in "L" shaped clips that were part of the sheet metal
that the rear capping covered up. The rear capping goes on after the
rear panel. and covers the gap above the fuel tank panel and the rear
cockpit edge. In my car the bottom edge of the panel had two little
"tabs" of sheet metal riveted to the bottom edge and were fastened to
the "funny shaped rear floor" behind the seats with sheet metal
screws. I am not sure how the panel is secured at the bottom in your
car, because you have the flat floor behind the seats.

Good luck and sorry I can't be of more help.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
palo Alto, CA