Re: Aluminum heat shield

To: dspence@oanet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aluminum heat shield
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:59:43 EDT
There is a material sold at Home Depot (and other such stores) that is
aluminum skin on both sides of what appears to be bubble wrap. Various widths
and lengths of rolls available. I used it last fall to wrap my forced-air
heating ducts in the basement of my home. Very easy to cut and use. I used
aluminum tape to seal joints.

I also think one or all of the Big-3 sells a similar material. Moss for sure.

I have also seen similar insulating material that is aluminum skin on one
side of a batting material...about a 1/4" thick. Believe this was in the JC
Whitney catalog. A neighbor used it inside his late model Ford diesel pickup
to qwell the horrible racket made by that little gem. He still sold the truck!

Hope this helps....
Larry M

Hope this helps....