TR6 Webers x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Webers x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Tom Bottman <tombotts@qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:51:58 -0600
Well, sorry to throw in some serious stuff amongst all the good times on

the list, but here I go:
My 74 TR6 came with a set of triple Weber side draft DCOEs. I have spent

the last year or so trying to come up with the perfect set of idle jets,

main jets, venturis, emulsion tubes. Right now I am at:
emulsion tubes- F11
main jets- 115
idle jets-50F11
venturis- 28mm
This set up produces a car that passes the emissions test here in Utah,
but make around town driving a pain. I experience a lot of "sneezing"
and hesitation on takeoff, especially if I try to accelerate at all.
When I change the idle jet to a 45F9 the low RPM driving characteristics

are greatly improved, but the car does run dirty - visible clouds of
smoke when taking off after idling, and there is no way it will pass
emissions.
I remember reading a thread about Webers some time past, but have lost
all of that, of course.
Sure, you can have my demographics:
Age: 51
Sex: Yes, and male (well, I do prefer a female partner)
Marital: Yes
Geographic area: Great Basin
Age at 1st LBC (and female partner): 17
Total LBCs to date: 3