Re: & Carpets

To: Kinderlehrer <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: & Carpets
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:32:06 -0700
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob and listers

I glued all of the carpet to the floor that ran over the prop. shaft tunnel
between the seats and onto the rear shelf. I used underlayment for padding
under the tunnel. For the area under the seats, I used the seat rails to
hold the underlayment and the carpets in place. For the transmission tunnel,
I first laid the heat shield onto the tunnel, cut it to fit and glued it to
the tunnel with black RTV. (It held great!) On the transmission tunnel I did
not use any underlayment except for the small piece to duplicate the small
piece that originally was just below the heater and was only about 12" X 18"
total, across the top of the tunnel. I used the original snaps that were on
the car with a few additional to supplement them and the fancy chrome rings
that hold the female portion of the snaps onto the carpet. For the footwell
I used the remanufactured original type, rubber full floor mats and use the
original snaps in front of the seats and the original type little clips on
the fire wall.

The carpet is the Moss nylon full carpet set, at something like $225 on sale
two years ago. It looks really great and also feels good. My only gripe is
it is a dog hair magnet, and I have a large hairy Golden Retriever, he
doesn't have to get in the car, he just has to walk by it!

I will have my car at the next TTSCC meeting, feel free to check it out.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA