RE: TR3 Rear axles & hubs

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Rear axles & hubs
From: "Phil Pattengale" <phil@pattengale.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 01:52:22 -0400
I'm currently in the very same boat.... We (Dad & I) spent most of Sunday
fabricating a facsimile Churchill hub puller, but used only 1/4" steel... we
bent those parts.... lol.

So, Dad's making a beefier version with 1/2" steel, and finer thread on the
bolt....  We'll try again this weekend....

Over a year ago Tony Gordon drew up a proper churchill clone (which uses
1/2" steel... go figure! )  I've forwarded a copy of his plans to you in a
seperate email...

Be careful at the shop, as I've heard people actually bending the hubs
themselves applying too much pressure at localized points (ie: a two jaw
puller)....

I'll let you know how things work for us this weekend... hang in there, they
do come off!

Cheers!

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}
56 TR3  - TS11820-L  {Dad's}
56 TR3  - TS9169-LO {Anyone seen this car? - Last seen in Missouri in 1964}
phil@pattengale.org
http://www.pattengale.org