RE: Hydraulics

Subject: RE: Hydraulics
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:04:12 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe Curry wrote :

> But Jim, I do take offense.  I throw things out as food for
> thought and get back insults which in essence insinuate that I
> don't know what the hell I
> am talking about!

Joe :

I wasn't trying to insult you, just paraphrasing what you said !  It's a
standard communication tactic : if you think you don't understand what
someone just said, paraphrase it and see if they agree or disagree.

If you have a valid point, I sure wish you would explain it !

Going on what I think you _might_ have _meant_ to say, yes, some fluids
(notably gases) get hot when you compress them, and the pressure goes up
faster than it would if you keep the gas cooled to it's original
temperature.  However, if you let them expand back to their original volume
(by reducing the pressure), they will be either the same temperature as they
started, or usually cooler (since the heat of compression gets
conducted/radiated away while they are compressed).  The only way to get
them to expand beyond their original volume is either by reducing the
pressure below what it was to start with, or adding external heat.

But this in no way applies to brake fluif ...

Randall