Hypothetical TR3A performance mods

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hypothetical TR3A performance mods
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:29:46 -0700
Let's talk about something more interesting.  Suppose I had a TR3A that
I wanted
to hop up a bit (I don't, but I might have found a good home for my 66
TR-4A which
would free up garage space and capital), what should I consider doing,
ranked
by "bang for the buck"?  For this exercise, you can assume the following:

1.  Going to rebuild everything anyway
2.  Desired outcome is a fun, street-able, street-legal (at least at a
casual glance) car
3.  Coolness is a factor (e.g. dual Webers are cool)
4.  Bonus points for period mods, but not restricted to
5.  Any external, non-period changes need to be reversible

So, what would you do?