Re: V8 sounds

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, david@dbrister.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: Re: V8 sounds
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:06:39 FILETIME=[D7E0BEC0:01C0F989]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
A formation of Spitfires or Hurricanes produces the same
>result.
>
>Amen to all that. But the sound of a sole Spitfire or Hurribird can do
>things to your tear ducts if sound is allied to vision, while the
>bellowing of a Lanc makes your hair stand on end. Aint no sound in the
>world like a Merlin.

  I agree... However my impression of the Merlin in a Spitfire (there's
  have a fellow here in Champaign who owns a MKIXX among a number other
  WWII warbirds, I think) is it sounded rather agricultural... Really
  cool, though...

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)