Re: TR3 V8 Conversion - response #2

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, pethier@isd.net, paulwillou@socal.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 V8 Conversion - response #2
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 21:24:05 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/2001 3:06:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
greenman62@hotmail.com writes:

> I have always felt that whenever a
>    significant change is made to what the designers originally intended,
>    a careful review if the entire system as a whole should be done. Sure
>    there probably is some cusion in their design but, I wouldn't want to

Greg,

I'm in total agreement with you on this point. When I look back over some of
my books from the '50s, I pee my pants in fear from how crudely engineered
and constructed some of those early hot rods were. We've come a long way
since then.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm