Re: TR3 V8 Conversion - response #1

To: kmr@pil.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 V8 Conversion - response #1
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 21:23:50 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/2001 3:09:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kmr@pil.net
writes:

> The quickness is related to acceleration and the quicker you
> able to accelerate the more force your car is carrying and the more braking
> force is required to stop it.  This is where Dan is mistaken.

Kai,

I'm sorry, but you are still wrong on this. It matters not how quickly a
given car gets up to speed, but it is only the final speed attained which
determines the braking force required to stop it. The laws of physics do
apply to my car, but you are misinterpreting them. F=MA.  F= braking force,
M= mass (weight) of the car, and A= desired acceleration (in this case,
negative, or braking rate). That says it all - there is no term in that
equation to account for how fast you got the car to speed.  As I suggested
before, you should discuss this with a physics professor at your school.

Cheers,

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm