Re: TR3 V8 Conversion

To: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 V8 Conversion
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:51:45 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Tom O'Malley"
>The consensus then was that the V8 version would almost certainly be
braking from a higher average speeds and larger brakes would be
beneficial.  If a TR6/6 and TR6/V8 were competing in an autocross I'd
imagine the V8 brakes would need to scrub off more speed at each turn
and the brakes would need to dissipate more heat.
<

Tom,  If you are talking autocross then you are talking about a closed
couse competition event (race).  Yes, the better brakes will
absorb/disipate more heat and take longer to start fading than the stock
brakes (why would you spend extra money on brakes that weren't better).
But I think the context was for street use.  And the TR6 has some pretty
good brakes to begin with.  I can't talk about the MG brakes, however.
Perhaps they aren't quite as good as the TR6 brakes.

Cheers

Dave