RE: TR3 V8 Conversion

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 V8 Conversion
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:54:25 -0700
Yes... more weight means more momentum... but as Dan clearly states, he is
actually a little bit LIGHTER than stock setup. And how quickly you got up
to any particular speed has NOTHING to do with the braking power required to
bring it back down.

The force required to stop a car (or any moving object) is SOLELY due to its
mass and velocity ... and NOTHING to do with whatever particular force
caused the object to reach that velocity.

It's flat out wrong (from the laws of physics anyway) to view that simple
Newtonian equation any other way.

Dave Moag (not the best of the physics majors in college, but I learned that
much anyway)
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire
La Canada