Re: TR4(64) Gas Tank color

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@cravetechnology.com>, "Doug Mathews" <mathews@uga.edu>
Subject: Re: TR4(64) Gas Tank color
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:47:10 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Eric S Hanson" <merlin42@erols.com>
> Doug Mathews wrote:
>
> > I'm about to have my gas tank powder coated and I'm not sure was the
> > original flat or glossy black? Or may be some other designer color?:-)

Let me ponder this for a minute...
Gas Tank. Holds Gas. Gas tends to penetrate the metal to some
extent...Emptied. Cleaned of all residue...Still has permeated metal...Lets
put an electric charge to the thing, spray some charged paint on it....Why
not toss it into a 400 degree oven...Cook the paint...Heat the permeated
metal...expand the residual gas....

Hey, What the hell-

Go for it, Sounds like a Blast!

Scott
(with fingers in his ears, waiting for the oven door to launch through the
kitchen wall)