Re: Blind MG owners

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blind MG owners
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:31:19 +0100
In article <013d01c0f2a5$ec8c09a0$0d281098@ip2ipxfs17>, Mark the Shark
<markie@gte.net> writes
>Say, I happen to be one of those "potty" X1/9 owners!  I have to admit they
>do have some resemblance from the front though the 8 looks huge in
>comparison.

Ah, but do you normally get a wave in your Fiat from Triumph Spitfires?
Or only from those drivers who think that you're in a 7? <g>

Many years ago, when you could still buy these Fiats new, a friend of
mine had one that was only a few years old.   He was boasting about the
fabulous performance of his new car.   I didn't even bother to offer to
race him, simply showed him the tech. specs for my rusty old Hillman-
Imp-lookalike, and I've never seen anyone look so crestfallen.   Sunbeam
Stilettos - even old ones - were a lot faster off the blocks...

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"