TR3 Brake pipe Dia ???

To: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Brake pipe Dia ???
From: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:55:44 -0700
The perfect afternoon... my wife took the kids  swimming ! So what do I
do... DOWN TO THE CAR !

Ya hoo, time to putter. But this soon came to a dead stop.

I was fitting the new pipes from the clutch and brake mast cyl's to the
reservoir. I must say, some interesting bending needed to be done.

Once bent to fit I snugged it down in the mast cyl. Only to find that the
pipe missed being snug by about 1mm. And not only that the pipe had lots of
"Wriggle room" in the hole of the male fitting.

I fear I know the problem but need you to confirm. I went to the local auto
store and bought "x" feet of the pipe, cut it to length, used my old
fittings and had the pipe flared. I bought "Standard" pipe that would go on
a "normal" car... I THINK it is 3/16". The cost of these two pipes in the
MOSS cat are what seem to me, way out of line.. but perhaps not ?

Do I need a thicker brake line ? Anything special here ?

Thanks, Pat