Re: Grose jets

To: MPRICE <mprice@cybersol.com>
Subject: Re: Grose jets
From: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:29:43 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mark,

I've found them more reliable and long-lived than standard SU (and
Hitachi-SU, used on Datsun Roadstersamongst others) needle valves. I
used to have trouble on my (bought new) 1956 TR3 and on my 1959 TR3
(bought in VERY decrepit state in 1981) in that the SU needle valves
leaked when trying to set the mixture - this can result in too weak a
mixture with dire results to exhaust valves.

I shall fit them on my prewar MG if Grose make ones that fit the 1 1/8"
H2 SUs.

No connection with Grose.

..........Pat Mullen (1959 TR3 and 1936 MG Magnette)