Alternate seats for TR 4 te.net>

Subject: Alternate seats for TR 4 te.net>
From: Jeffrey Barteet <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:43:05 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

the original seats in my TR4 need a LOT of work.  The frames are good, and
the seat springs are good, but I need everything else.

Looking at my Moss catalog, it would appear I need at least $1000 ( more
for leather ) of padding, covers, clips, etc....., and the finished
product is a 40-year old seat that came well before they thought of lumbar
support or any other kind of ergonomics.

I'm wondering what alternatives people have tried out there.  There are
few seats that will actually fit the narrow confines to my Triumph, but
certainly something out there must fit.

You racers out there, what kind of seats are you using?

Anyone tried.....(please don't flame me)........Miata seats?
A Miata wrecking yard quoted me ~$325 for a pair of Miata buckets. I went
an sat in one of them and they seem quite nice.

I have a surrey top on the car, so having a seat stick up higher than the
original low-bucket type shouldn't detract too much from the appearance.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

-jeffrey