Brass Screws Posi-Drive?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brass Screws Posi-Drive?
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:42:58 -0700 (PDT)
Really?  I'm looking right at them and they look like Phillips heads.  The
screwdriver seemed to fit okay, but the problem was the TREMENDOUS amount of
torque required to back the screws out.  My guess is that the 30 years of crud
accumulated on the end of the screw and when it got carried into the threaded
steel hole, the brass deformed and ruined the threads.  (That is unless there
is some other reason that Brass hardware gets locked up after 30 years)

What does posidrive look like?  I notice that your comm number is from a later
TR6.  Any chance that earlier cars (mine was made in FEB 1970) were using
different hardware?