Re: can I borrow your trailer?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: can I borrow your trailer?
From: icesailr@mail.netacc.net
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 18:37:41 -0700
Message text written by "Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp."

>The thing is, although it'd probably make it home, I'd rather
trailer it.  I'm looking for advice on what trailer to rent for
the narrow (just over 4 ft.) track of a Spitfire/GT6.<

Douglas,

I found in Western New York, U-Haul rents a utility trailer which has a
5'X12' bed. This trailer also has 2' sides welded in it, and the floor is
corrugated steel so track of car is of no concern. The tailgate opens and
if you put a pair or 2X10's for a short ramp it will hold your car fine, I
used 6' lenghts. I tansporten both of my TR4A's this way and had no problem
doing so. My trips took 14 hours for the first and 4 hours for the second
so I feel it was a good test of the system. (note you need a 2" ball for
the trailer.)If you cannot find the trailer let me know, I can go to the
place here and get the identification number of the style I used.

Now I suppose I should introduce my self. I have been lurking in the
shadows for awhile now.  A friend of mine suggested I join in here last
October when I started into this restoration thingy, he said I might find
some good information here, so right he was. Thanks George. I am currently
involved in a frame off on one car, a 66 IRS, frame is done and body is
finally ready for primer. The second car, a 66 live axel, is a long term
project, more likely a donor.

Thank you all for the information found here, I am using it all the time.

Rick Bray

66 TR4A IRS  CT58504
66 TR4A L.A. CT55873L